2.27.2009

End of Week 4 = hmph.

The week went fairly well. Here are the highlights (Compound Word! Ha.)

- I picked up reading (in addition to Math and Science).
- I had a 45 minute conversation with Jim the custodian while he swept our floor. 7 Mile, the German language, and smoking sausage on rooftops were among the topics discussed.
- The kids have NAILED congruence.
- I decided on a unit theme - Exploration and Discovery. The solar system will be our primary focus so I will have to work that into multiple subjects. My Very Elegant Mother Just Served Us Nine Piz...aww no. My Very Elegant Mother Just Served Us Noodles. I like it.
- My relationships with my Cooperating Teacher, principle, and other core teachers are strengthening. They make me laugh...often :)
- Three words: School House Rock.
- One precious little boy - known for his comprehension and focus issues - completely grasped the weekly story! A huge success that had my CT and I floored, yet so incredibly proud.

I'm excited to see what next week brings - teaching all subjects for 3 out of 4 days!

3 comments:

Melanie Eccles said...

I'm so thankful for your updates. I think of you often. :D Sounds like you're working hard and God is certainly rewarding your efforts!

KelseyJ said...

Yay! Sounds like a great week! I'm glad you're enjoying things! :)

Ang said...

GREAT :)