3.18.2009

Sweden, Cupcakes, and Lead Paint

SHORT Update.

Mid-Week 7 and I have yet to catch a bug!

Full-control officially begins next week. Some fear here, but by no means do I feel over-whelmed.

I was a chaperone for the first time last Friday - Adler Planetarium. I came home and slept for five hours. Great times were had!

We had the day off yesterday (Sunny with a high 0f 75) and visited a Swedish neighborhood (food, museum, walking tour, etc.). Afterwards, Leah and I decided to embrace the beauty of the day by talking a walking trip to Lincoln Park for cupcakes. The walk there was AMAZING.

Our ceiling is being stripped...finally! Put it this way - the ceiling has not been re-painted since the building was built....in 1924. They didn't cover anything so, needless to say, lead paint chips are everywhere. I've been teaching in the assembly hall, chalk board and all. The kids have loved the change. I, on the other hand, have not. Behavior hasn't really been an issue - it's just the whole idea of not having your materials and resources at your disposal when you need them most :/ It has been a great challenge, though.

It's hard to believe that this is the half-way point!

2 comments:

Ang said...

yey 1/2 waaaaaaay! glad ur having a great time!

Britt said...

Sweet!! I'm excited for you to take over and be the full time teacher!! How wonderful!!